Crooks room
In part 4 Lennie went into Crooks room without being invited! When Lennie was going to see the puppy's he spotted his room. You could definitely tell that Crooks was not very happy when he stepped in the room. He said, "'You got no right to come in my room. This here's my room'" (68). At first he came out very aggressive and rude to Lennie. Crooks was never let it their room and didn't want him in his room. I think that he did that to feel like he had power too. After a little crooks was alright with Lennie being in his room. Crooks said, "'Come on in set awhile'" (69). Crooks sees that Lennie isn't as smart and is not their to start any conflict. With the other men on the ranch they would only go in his room for work. He wast sure how to react at first. I think that because Lennie has an intellectual disability he almost sympathies with him. It is really hard for Crooks and Lennie to fit in. He was able to have a real conversation with Lennie with out feeling unwanted. Crooks always has to be careful about what he says and does, and so does Lennie. Do you think that Crooks empathizes with Lennie? I
sure do! I hope that Lennie is able to become a little closer with Crooks
throughout the end of the book.
Comments
Post a Comment